MatrixMails - Get paid

Saturday, April 5, 2008

problems in trouble shooting

AMD K-6
> 450 MHZ
> 320 MB RAM
> Windows XP
> Office XP
> 12 GB hard drive, 6.7 GB free
>
>
> Recently my computer began taking a very long time to go into
> shutdown.
>
> I've checked that all programs are closed.
>
> The screen goes to light blue and says Windows is Logging
> off...and remains and remains.
>
> I'm comparing this to an older laptop also running Windows XP.
>
> How do I go about troubleshooting this?

Hi

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 308029
Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q308029

Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm
and
"Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

--


Google is your friend.



#3






an

Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trouble shooting a shutdown problem

"Not Bill Gates" wrote in message
news:avvic.93$...
> AMD K-6
> 450 MHZ
> 320 MB RAM
> Windows XP
> Office XP
> 12 GB hard drive, 6.7 GB free
>
>
> Recently my computer began taking a very long time to go into shutdown.
>
> I've checked that all programs are closed.
>
> The screen goes to light blue and says Windows is Logging off...and
remains
> and remains.
>
> I'm comparing this to an older laptop also running Windows XP.
>
> How do I go about troubleshooting this?

Start by looking here:

"Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

"308029 Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029


Old 04-24-2004, 03:46 PM #5
Boomer

Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trouble shooting a shutdown problem

"Not Bill Gates" <> wrote in
news:wIvic.114$:

> Thanks!!!!

You're welcome. (Google is your friend.)


> "Boomer" wrote in message
> news:408a8701$0$191$ ews.net...
>> "Not Bill Gates" <> wrote in
>> news:avvic.93$:
>>
>> > AMD K-6
>> > 450 MHZ
>> > 320 MB RAM
>> > Windows XP
>> > Office XP
>> > 12 GB hard drive, 6.7 GB free
>> >
>> >
>> > Recently my computer began taking a very long time to go into
>> > shutdown.
>> >
>> > I've checked that all programs are closed.
>> >
>> > The screen goes to light blue and says Windows is Logging
>> > off...and remains and remains.
>> >
>> > I'm comparing this to an older laptop also running Windows XP.
>> >
>> > How do I go about troubleshooting this?
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 308029
>> Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q308029
>>
>> Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
>> http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm
>> and
>> "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
>> http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Google is your friend.
>
>

Old 04-24-2004, 03:48 PM #6
why?

Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trouble shooting a shutdown problem


On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:14:14 GMT, Not Bill Gates wrote:

>AMD K-6
>450 MHZ
>320 MB RAM
>Windows XP

>Recently my computer began taking a very long time to go into shutdown.
>

>
>How do I go about troubleshooting this?
>
http://www.theeldergeek.com/
The Elder Geek on Windows XP Website

Me
Old 04-24-2004, 03:57 PM #7
why?

No comments: