MatrixMails - Get paid

Sunday, April 27, 2008

five ways to reuse the chopsticks

I have a sizable collection of nice chopsticks, however, I frequently forget to tell the person packing my Chinese or Japanese takeout to skip the splinter inducing disposable chopsticks that find a way into my bag. This could be averted if I remembered to speak up or if restaurants switched to reusable chopsticks and charged a fee for disposables. Alas, I am left searching for five ways to reuse these bad boys.
  1. Pets. Your rat or hamster would be pleased to have their very own pair of chopsticks to munch on -- especially if your dinner was particularly salty.
  2. Set sail. Treehugger has a great photo of a boat made out of 7,382 disposable chopsticks.
  3. Gardening. Chopsticks and a sharpie are all you need to make some new plant stakes. You could even get fancy and use the wrapper as part of the label.
  4. Jewelry. Make a necklace.
  5. Hair. If your hair is long enough, twist it into a bun and hold in place

No comments: